Re: [htdig] coldfusion with htdig

Subject: Re: [htdig] coldfusion with htdig
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 16:04:54 PDT

At 4:51 PM -0700 4/24/00, Nick T. wrote:
>indexing info that comes out of the database. I understand that htdig
>actually looks at the source of the document rather that accessing the
>file from the web server as a normal user would. So instead of htdig

This only happens if you're using the local_urls attribute. What's
more, the local filesystem access is *very* picky about what files it
indexes since it wants to escape the problem of indexing documents
that should be server-parsed. So it only indexes files with .html,
.txt, .pdf, and a few other extensions.

>would for a normal user. If htdig justs looks at the source, the
>coldfusion code to access the db is not being activated. If this makes
>any sense at all... :)

It makes sense, but if you're going through HTTP, htdig should look
like any other browser.

So my question is this: are you using local_urls mappings? What are
the extensions of the documents you want to index? (.html? or .cfm?)

Cheers,