[htdig] coldfusion with htdig

Subject: [htdig] coldfusion with htdig
From: Nick T. (nickt@lxdce.unm.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 16:51:54 PDT

We are currently running a coldfusion intensive site. We are running the
htdig program on our linux server, and absolutely love the program.
However, we are running into a problem with htdig indexing coldfusion
documents. Coldfusion is only indexing the *.cfm document, but not
indexing info that comes out of the database. I understand that htdig
actually looks at the source of the document rather that accessing the
file from the web server as a normal user would. So instead of htdig
indexing words and info out of the database, it only indexes the file.
Is there a way to get around this, so htdig will actually access the
coldfusion document, and the coldfusion server will give it info like it
would for a normal user. If htdig justs looks at the source, the
coldfusion code to access the db is not being activated. If this makes
any sense at all... :)
thx