Re: [htdig] xpdf source, patch?

Subject: Re: [htdig] xpdf source, patch?
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 11:18:43 PDT

According to Jane Dudley:
> I am trying to wire pdf search capability into htdig on our site. I was
> getting the "encryption" error msgs, so I went to the xpdf site and
> downloaded the patch. I went to patch and recompile, and realized there
> are no "source code" files in the xpdf source code distribution! I
> redownloaded xpdf-0.90.tgz and unpacked it, and they just aren't there -
> there should at least be a makefile. Anyone else have this problem?

I would guess that you downloaded it from the FTP site in text mode,
rather than binary mode. You should get it from

        ftp://ftp.foolabs.com/pub/xpdf/xpdf-0.90.tgz

If you download it using a web browser, it should get it in binary mode.
If you use an FTP client, make sure you select binary mode. Then, you
should be able to extract it using:

        zcat xpdf-0.90.tgz | tar xf -

There are over 180 files in about 4 subdirectories in the archive.

If you downloaded from a mirror site, and you're sure you did everything
correctly, it may be that the mirror site has a corrupted copy, in which
case you should notify the maintainer of that site.