Re: [htdig] Fatal DB2 Problem

Subject: Re: [htdig] Fatal DB2 Problem
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 16:31:48 PDT

At 9:51 PM +0100 4/21/00, Chris Wik wrote:
>I wasn't, but i've solved the problem. for a reason which escapes my
>mind at this very moment in time, i had previously killed a htdig
>session on that database. trashing the database and starting again
>solved my problem, but if you have a large database you might not
>want to do this.. my guess is that the database file didn't get
>'cleaned up' and that there were some errors in it..

Aha. Yes, you are correct. I need to make the -l switch a default for
the next 3.2 beta since this "cleans up" by spooling out the list of
new URLs and then closes the databases carefully. It's not on by
default now because it can potentially take a while to quit and when
I started 3.1, I was much more careful about keeping
backwards-compatibility. The 3.2 release throws
backwards-compatibility out the window in a number of places, almost
always for the better. Of course we're also documenting where the
changes are. :-)

>Apple Computer, Inc. version cc-783.1, based on gcc version 2.7.2.1
>Although this probably isn't of much relevance as the package came
>in binary form.

So you're using iTools from Tenon? In any case, you're right the
cause was from using previously trashed DB.