Re: [htdig] Can I use ht://dig on any web server?

Subject: Re: [htdig] Can I use ht://dig on any web server?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 06:28:57 PDT

At 10:30 AM +0100 4/19/00, Sid McQuilter wrote:
>I would like to use ht://dig on my website. my ISP in UNIX based ( I think ).
>Can I use ht://dig on any server?
>Is the software easy to set-up?.
>do I have to pay for the software?
>If the answers to the above are No, No, Yes, can you recommend a search

I don't think you looked at the documentation much. :-)

The answers are yes, usually, and no. It compiles on almost any
UNIX-based machine and can be installed on WinXX machines as well.
It's also free software both in terms of $ and freedom. (See
<http://www.gnu.org/> for more details on the license if you haven't
heard of it.)

I say "usually" because it's not very hard to set up if you have
shell access and have installed UNIX programs before. Otherwise you
may want to ask for help from your ISP.

Cheers,