[htdig] Searching php docs & mySQL db together

Subject: [htdig] Searching php docs & mySQL db together
From: Owen Watson (owen@rsnz.govt.nz)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 04:36:24 PDT

Our website is running on a Apache webserver running Excite at the
moment, but it can't get access to the mySQL databases we are running
on the same machine. I'm wondering whether htdig can handle this
"forked" interrogation (ie database plus static pages). I started
looking thru the htdig archives, but the format of the returned
results is hard to follow, so gave up on that. I saw an article in
DevShed (http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/PHP/Search_Engine/) on
creating a mysql db out of the static docs for searching purposes,
but we've got about 20K docs, some quite large, some in Acrobat, so
it seems a bit of a blunt tool. Any clues suitable for a newbie? Or
should we look at another program?
Owen Watson, The Royal Society of NZ, PO Box 598, Wellington, New Zealand
Internet watson.o@rsnz.govt.nz Ph: +64 4 472 7421 Fax: +64 4 473 1841
The gateway to New Zealand science: http://www.rsnz.govt.nz/