Re: [htdig] Only getting 9 search results back

Subject: Re: [htdig] Only getting 9 search results back
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 21:16:59 PDT

At 4:52 PM -0600 4/17/00, Ken Lawrence wrote:
>of 126 in the hits area of the template search page. I could click
>on the next 10 hits image at the bottom of the page and go to the
>next 10 even though the graphic image was not found.
>
>I snooped around and found the problem deleted everything rebuilt
>htdig made the correction in the CONFIG file and ran "make install"
>again. Things looked great. The images were now found.
>
>There is a problem. For any search I only get 9 hits and I do not
>get the more hits list of graphic numbers along the footer. I know
>there are more hits than 9 but htsearch is only returning 9. Can
>you give me some idea why or how to approach solving the problem.

First off, I would actually take a look at the source of your new
webpage. I know that some browsers will not display broken images and
so you won't see the links at all. :-( (I have experienced this with
Netscape in a few versions.)

If you see the links in the webpage source, then it's not a problem
with the code or the databases, it's either a problem in the
templates or the browser.