Re: [htdig] keywords and quotes

Subject: Re: [htdig] keywords and quotes
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 07:17:42 PDT

According to Kostas Kavoussanakis:
> Apologies if this is a FAQ, if it is please point me to the correct
> place to search. Do the quotes in the META tag below have to be double
> in order for htsearch to rank them high?
> <META NAME='htdig-keywords' CONTENT='Staff Skills Database'>
> An "All" search for "skills" or "staff skills" returns the page with 4
> stars, a search for "skills database" does not return the page at all.
> Must the word "database" exist somewhere in the text as well?
> ht://Dig 3.1.2 (please don't tell me I must upgrade :-)

Sorry, Kostas, but there is no other solution. There have been a number
of bug fixes between 3.1.2 and 3.1.5, the two most important for you being:

1) a very serious security hole in htsearch has been closed, and

2) htdig now allows single quotes as well as double quotes when parsing
HTML tag parameters.

See and the ChangeLog for details.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: