Re: [htdig] keywords and quotes

Subject: Re: [htdig] keywords and quotes
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 07:17:42 PDT

According to Kostas Kavoussanakis:
> Apologies if this is a FAQ, if it is please point me to the correct
> place to search. Do the quotes in the META tag below have to be double
> in order for htsearch to rank them high?
>
> <META NAME='htdig-keywords' CONTENT='Staff Skills Database'>
>
> An "All" search for "skills" or "staff skills" returns the page with 4
> stars, a search for "skills database" does not return the page at all.
> Must the word "database" exist somewhere in the text as well?
>
> ht://Dig 3.1.2 (please don't tell me I must upgrade :-)

Sorry, Kostas, but there is no other solution. There have been a number
of bug fixes between 3.1.2 and 3.1.5, the two most important for you being:

1) a very serious security hole in htsearch has been closed, and

2) htdig now allows single quotes as well as double quotes when parsing
HTML tag parameters.

See http://www.htdig.org/RELEASE.html and the ChangeLog for details.