Re: [htdig] Indexing scope

Subject: Re: [htdig] Indexing scope
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 11:42:02 PDT

At 10:08 AM -0700 4/16/00, Dave Lers wrote:
>I'm indexing local pages fine but i would also like to index all external
>links (not recursive, just the page linked to), is this possible?

This isn't very easy to do at the moment. One way to do it is to have
your regular config file that will index your local pages. Then you
have an additional config that looks something like this:

include: htdig.conf
limit_urls_to:
max_hop_count: 1

If you run htdig again with this config file, you'll add in all the
links to external sites and go no further. The snag is that this will
only work when the base database consists *only* of local URLs. So
you're best bet is to have each config file specify a separate
database and copy over the second database to ensure it's "fresh."