Re: [htdig] Way to resolve libstdc++.so.2.9.0 error without re-compile?

Subject: Re: [htdig] Way to resolve libstdc++.so.2.9.0 error without re-compile?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 11:34:36 PDT

At 1:40 PM -0400 4/16/00, Derek Santos wrote:
>Try and run "perl rundig" and get the below errors... I've read the FAQ
>which mentioned that the "best thing to do is set the LD_RUN_PATH variable
>during compile to the directory where libstdc++.so.2.8.1.1"
>
>...I'm asssuming the answer still applies to 2.9.0 as well

I could be wrong, but I don't believe libstdc++ 2.8.x and 2.9.x are
compatible in this manner. Still, read on.

>- Is there any way I can set something like LD_RUN_PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>in the rundig file to point to where I uploaded these files? I tried some
>syntax, but if it's possible, I must have it wrong

Well LD_RUN_PATH only works when compiling. What you would want to do
is something like this:

(for sh or bash)

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/gnu/lib"
(if libstdc++ is in /opt/gnu/lib for example)

or (for csh)

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/gnu/lib

>- Is there anything I can add to something like my .cshrc or such to resolve
>this? (I also don't have setenv or env access)

If you don't have setenv or env access, you're pretty much done for
unless you can convince the sysadmin to set it for you.