[htdig] Way to resolve libstdc++.so.2.9.0 error without re-compile?

Subject: [htdig] Way to resolve libstdc++.so.2.9.0 error without re-compile?
From: Derek Santos (me@dereksantos.com)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 10:40:03 PDT

OK, I'm a bit on the novice side here, so I don't know if this is possible,
or if it's been asked before (I checked the archives, didn't see anything)
but...

I downloaded and installed the Solaris 7 binaries on my crippled-shell SunOS
5.7 virtual server account...

...edited the rundig & htdig.conf files to reflect my paths.

Try and run "perl rundig" and get the below errors... I've read the FAQ
which mentioned that the "best thing to do is set the LD_RUN_PATH variable
during compile to the directory where libstdc++.so.2.8.1.1"

...I'm asssuming the answer still applies to 2.9.0 as well

QUESTIONS:

- is the "best thing" the "only thing"???

- I can't compile my own version on this virtual server -- I have make
access, but no configure access, is there any other way around this WITHOUT
RECOMPILING?

- Is there any way I can set something like LD_RUN_PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH
in the rundig file to point to where I uploaded these files? I tried some
syntax, but if it's possible, I must have it wrong

- Is there anything I can add to something like my .cshrc or such to resolve
this? (I also don't have setenv or env access)

Thanks in advance for any help...

Derek Santos
me@dereksantos.com

ld.so.1: /home/comiccr/public_html/crawler/bin/htdig: fatal:
libstdc++.so.2.9.0:
 open failed: No such file or directory
Killed
ld.so.1: /home/comiccr/public_html/crawler/bin/htmerge: fatal:
libstdc++.so.2.9.
0: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed
ld.so.1: /home/comiccr/public_html/crawler/bin/htnotify: fatal:
libstdc++.so.2.9
.0: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed
ld.so.1: /home/comiccr/public_html/crawler/bin/htfuzzy: fatal: