Re: [htdig] Problems with GET URLS

Subject: Re: [htdig] Problems with GET URLS
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 16:12:16 PDT

At 9:35 AM -0700 4/12/00, Paul Wolstenholme wrote:
>This sounds like a good solution for static web pages - fast, standards
>based. But, I think it would still be a good idea to have a metatag
>option for people using content from databases.

Actually, if there's a good META tag standard, then this would be
relatively fast and also standards based. The two standards you
mentioned related more to paper publications such as science
journals. Don't get me wrong, I live by JACS and PRL and the like.
But they didn't seem to have any way for me to use these for say, the
ht://Dig documentation.

If there isn't an existing standard, should we invent a META tag like
"htdig-id" and allow this to be eventually configured?