[htdig] Using H1 instead of TITLE

Subject: [htdig] Using H1 instead of TITLE
From: Rutger Wessels (rarwes@dds.nl)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 11:32:45 PDT

Hi,

For a large webproject, I used HTDIG to index the site. But the site
uses file locations in the <title> tag in order to locate files in the
directory structure. I know that's not the best thing to do, but the
people who maintain the whole site like it that way and since frames are
used, end users never see those titles in the browser.

But in search results, the <title> tag is used. Is there a way to tell
htdig to use <H1> instead? All files have a title in H1 tags, so I want
that text in the search results.

I checked the docs but couldn't find anything.

regards,
rutger
ps the htdig search form is located at:
http://hagen.let.rug.nl/htdig/search.html