Re: [htdig] Sort by Date from Meta Tags [patch]

Subject: Re: [htdig] Sort by Date from Meta Tags [patch]
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 14:21:54 PDT

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> Good thing I'm such a pack rat. I found your patch, and some of our
> discussions with Mike Grommet. Here's an updated version of your patch,

Thanks Gilles, I also usually pack away useful things like this, however,
a hard drive crash took most of these patches. :-( Yes, I'm getting a
better backup solution in place!

> in get_time() to avoid having the date in the search results falling on
> the previous date, due to timezone offsets. htsearch displays times in
> the server's local timezone, while htdig parses all dates in UTC.

This is a good point. The original request didn't care about this since
the results would be consistent with other pages and the results would
still sort correctly.

And yes, 3.2.0b2 should be coming out in about 2-3 hrs.