Re: [htdig] Sort by Date from Meta Tags ???

Subject: Re: [htdig] Sort by Date from Meta Tags ???
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 09:47:52 PDT

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> Adding these capabilities to the 3.1.5 release would take a fair bit more
> effort, so if you want to try the bleeding edge, and don't mind hacking the
> code a bit, just wait a little longer and 3.2.0b2 should be released.

Funny this should come up. I actually wrote it for the 3.1.x code first
because someone asked me to. :-) At the time, I didn't feel it was worth
putting into the tree for future 3.1.x releases (in part because at the
time, I didn't think there would be any). I put the code into the 3.2 tree
because it seemed like a useful feature.

I no longer have the patch to 3.1.x, but I could backport it from the 3.2
tree pretty easily. IIRC, it was about a 30-line patch. I'll post this to
the list sometime tomorrow, probably.