Re: [htdig] htdig and alt img tags

Subject: Re: [htdig] htdig and alt img tags
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 06:56:43 PDT

At 1:51 PM +0800 4/11/00, Byron Jones wrote:
>looking through the archives for this list, it looks like this is a
>recent feature.. and that there should be a configuration tag to
>disable it (see
>i've looked through the source for and it appears that there
>_is_ a configuration directory to ignore alt tags.. only i don't
>know what it is :( img_factor isn't listed as a valid configuration

Not really. The 3.1.5 code uses the weight of the words around the
image for the weight of the alt text (i.e. if it's in a header, it
gets header_factor_X...).

If you really want to disable indexing alt tags right now, I'd
suggest commenting out or removing that appropriate part of
(it's fairly well labeled).