Re: [htdig] Capitalization in Host Names

Subject: Re: [htdig] Capitalization in Host Names
From: Zvi Har'El (rl@math.technion.ac.il)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 07:20:40 PDT

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> At 3:47 PM +0200 4/10/00, Zvi Har'El wrote:
> >deceased son, Gilead. These sites are named *.Gilead.org.il, e.g.,
> >JV.Gilead.org.il. I am using ht://Dig to index JV.Gilead.org.il.
> >However, when I do htsearch, the links to the retreived documents always
> >refer to an-all-lower-case hostname, jv.gilead.org.il. The URL is
> >certainly functionally correct, but it annoys me, since I prefer that
> >all referneces to my site carry the correct capitalization. It is true
>
> You could do this with url_part_aliases or if you're so inclined, you
> can also remove the lowercasing in htlib/URL.cc (look for
> _host.lowercase()).
>
> Essentially you want a canonical case and that can be tricky to
> enforce unless you have control over all the links.

Geoff,

Thank you for your immediate response.

In my case, I am searching my own site, and all the links are relative, so the
host name is completely transparent. Actually, the ultimate solution will be
that htsearch will produce relative links, rather then absolute. In this case,
the host name will never change. Is it possible to configure htsearch in such a
way?

Best,

Zvi.

--
Dr. Zvi Har'El     mailto:rl@math.technion.ac.il     Department of Mathematics
cel:+972-54-227607                   Technion - Israel Institute of Technology