[htdig] Capitalization in Host Names

Subject: [htdig] Capitalization in Host Names
From: Zvi Har'El (rl@math.technion.ac.il)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 06:47:52 PDT

Hi There,

I am not a subscriber of this list, so if you can, please CC your
response to me, Zvi Har'El <rl@math.technion.ac.il>

I have a question, which is perhaps not very common so you wouldn't find
the answer in the FAQ. I manage a several web sites, in memoriam of my
deceased son, Gilead. These sites are named *.Gilead.org.il, e.g.,
JV.Gilead.org.il. I am using ht://Dig to index JV.Gilead.org.il.
However, when I do htsearch, the links to the retreived documents always
refer to an-all-lower-case hostname, jv.gilead.org.il. The URL is
certainly functionally correct, but it annoys me, since I prefer that
all referneces to my site carry the correct capitalization. It is true
that that the host part of a URL is case-insignificant (unlike the path
part, which is significant in UNIX servers), but it is possible to
force ht://Dig not to make the URL lower-case?

I would be very much obliged to get an answer to this question, and
preferably, an affirmative one...

--
Dr. Zvi Har'El     mailto:rl@math.technion.ac.il     Department of Mathematics
cel:+972-54-227607                   Technion - Israel Institute of Technology