Re: [htdig] performance

Subject: Re: [htdig] performance
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 21:22:48 PDT

At 9:53 AM -0500 4/8/00, mocha wrote:
>anyone have some performance # of the default htdig vs the one with
>the mysql patch?

I would guess that since no one has spoken up, the answer is no.

Since the patch doesn't explicitly use any advanced SQL queries, my
guess is that it won't change things substantially. However, I
haven't tried it, so I obviously can't say. :-)

Will it change functionality in any way? Well, it will require you to
have a working SQL server up. Some people already have one running,
so that's no problem. Other people don't, so it would be one more
requirement.

But I think the proper person to ask is the author of the patch. Any
input Zoran?