Re: [htdig] New Release

Subject: Re: [htdig] New Release
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 15:59:00 PDT

At 11:23 AM +0100 4/8/00, Simon Hyde - Webyte.co.uk wrote:
>Does anybody know when the next scheduled release date is for the next
>version of htdig, by that I mean the one above 3.1.5. I desperatly need to
>use meta tag searching and I beleive that this will be added to this
>release.

The short answer: No.

The long-winded answer: It depends on a lot of things. The more help
we get, the faster it goes. :-) More seriously, I'm about to release
the second beta, 3.2.0b2. We still have a few things on the TODO list
plus performance improvements and bug fixes. Since meta searching is
one of those items on the TODO list, you'll have to wait at least a
little while.

Of course if someone were to contribute the code to restrict searches
to specific tags, it would obviously be greatly welcomed. (The
database-side of this is already done--it's just that htsearch
doesn't bother to restrict the searches.)

I hope that answers your question! (I hate giving out actual dates.
Since all of the main developers are all volunteers, our schedules
slip. Plus we don't like to ship something before it's ready.)