Re: [htdig] Help with FreeBSD & htdig

Subject: Re: [htdig] Help with FreeBSD & htdig
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 09:48:08 PDT

According to Sean:
> Sorry if this was posted a minute ago.. I don't thik it made it.

It sometimes takes a while for posted messages to get back to you.

> I am trying to install htdig on a freebsd box 2.2.5 and keep getting the
> following error in the make..
> gcc -o db_archive db_archive.o err.o getlong.o libdb.a -lc_r
> ld: -lc_r: no match
> *** Error code 1

If upgrading, as others have suggested, is too difficult to tackle right
now, you may want to try a quick fix. Try removing the -lc_r from the
LIBS definition in Makefile.config and db/dist/Makefile, then rerunning
make. It may work, but no promises.