Re: [htdig] Searching for "All" versus "Any"]

Subject: Re: [htdig] Searching for "All" versus "Any"]
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 10:36:33 PDT

According to ccouple1@swarthmore.edu:
> On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 11:59:35AM -0500, Gilles Detillieux wrote:
> > Oops. Sorry, that should have been
> >
> > grep -c 'littérature.*i:4[^0-9]' db.wordlist
> >

> okay -
>
> before htmerge
>
> 1
>
> after htmerge
>
> 1
>
> This is the way it should be, yes?

OK, try without the -c again. Did it look like this both times?

littérature i:4 l:6 w:105469 c:5

If so, that's what it should be. In this case, try

  /path/to/htsearch words=littérature\&format=builtin-short\&matchesperpage=100

on the command line to see if the problem document turns up in the
search. If it does, then it would appear that htsearch is finding it
now, in which case I don't know what the problem was before. If it
doesn't find it, there's some sort of database problem at work here,
and I don't know how best to narrow it down at this point. I guess
a dbdump of db.words.db might shed some light, but this is uncharted
territory for me. Perhaps Loic or Geoff could help out.

On the other hand, if the db.wordlist somehow became unusable after
htmerge, we'd need to look deeper in that code, but I'd need to see
the record before and after htmerge to have any clue about this.