Re: [htdig] Errors to take note of ?

Subject: Re: [htdig] Errors to take note of ?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 06:45:24 PDT

At 10:46 AM +0000 4/6/00, bs@hi.is wrote:
>I have noticed that 'Errors to take note of:' have been missing out Ref:s
>and the errors vary between days a lot. What can be causing this, I know
>the links haven't been fixed ? Should I do an initial -i dig once a week,

If you have set remove_bad_urls to true (the default), then it won't
know about bad links after you run htmerge. In any event, it doesn't
store the referring URL, so you may find blank referrer portions.

>every time or none at all ? Would I gain anything doing an initial dig again ?
>[snip]
>Has anyone on a simular server written anything to report errors via email
>to people who have errourous pages ?

Yes to both. I run a cron job once a month that does an initial dig
to grab the list of bad URLs and then mails them to ~username. Check
the contributed script section, I think there are a few scripts in
there.

>On a former topic :
> >23000:35506:2:http://xxx.yyy.zz/index.html: ***-+****--++***+ size = 4056
>What does the ***-+****--++***+ mean ?