Re: [htdig] Searching for "All" versus "Any"]

Subject: Re: [htdig] Searching for "All" versus "Any"]
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 13:48:23 PDT

Coincidentally enough, Geoff answered a question this morning that
dealt with the numbers in -v output...

  Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 08:32:41 -0500
  To: "NEPOTE Charles (Neuilly Gestion)" <charles.nepote@cetelem.fr>
  Cc: "'htdig@htdig.org'" <htdig@htdig.org>
  Subject: Re: [htdig] What are the numbers meaning in verbose mode

  At 3:21 PM +0200 4/5/00, NEPOTE Charles (Neuilly Gestion) wrote:
>[...]
>23000:35506:2:http://xxx.yyy.zz/index.html: ***-+****--++***+ size = 4056
>[...]

>But what does mean the three first numbers in verbose mode ?
>The first one seems to be the number of document parsed.
>What about the others ?

  The first number is indeed the number of the document parsed. The
  second is the DocID for this document and the third is the hopcount.

According to ccouple1@swarthmore.edu:
> I'm sorry - I was expecting an ID in the form of nnnnn, not n:n:n
>
> So I found the ID for the page clicnet.swarthmore.edu/litterature/litterature.html
>
> according to the log
>
> 4:4:1:http://clicnet.swarthmore.edu/litterature/litterature.html: Retrieval command for http://clicnet.swarthmore.edu/lit
> word: Littérature@6 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!got the word from the header:title
> word: Littérature@54 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So it's seeing this in the body of the page
> So what can the above tell me, now?

It tells you that htdig did see the word (no big surprise), and it tells you
the document ID is 4. So, now you should

        grep 'littérature.*i:4' db.wordlist

before and after htmerge, to see if the word is there before and after
you run htmerge. If it's not there before, htdig is losing it. If it's
there before, but not after htmerge, then htmerge (or sort) is losing it.
If it's there after htmerge, then the word database is losing it, either
when htmerge puts it in, or when htsearch tries to search for it.