Re: [htdig] bad words list & external parser

Subject: Re: [htdig] bad words list & external parser
From: Mentos Hoffmann (htdig@web.de)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 01:37:45 PDT

Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Mentos Hoffmann wrote:
>
> > It seems as if the external parser functionality does not make any use
> > of the bad words list. i.e. use the external parser and the bad words
> > list is ignored. Is this true and intended?
>
> Huh!? AFAIK, this is not true in any version of ht://Dig. The bad_words
> list is processed by the WordList class before adding a word--it's not
> limited to any parser. So it wouldn't be an effect of just the
> ExternalParser.

You are right! I was trying to get the mulitple database support working
and I have
one database that should use a bad word list and a second that
should'nt. Maybe I got mixed up with the config files.

Thanks for your comment, mentos

--
Mentos Hoffmann, Roonstr.17, D-76137 Karlsruhe, Germany
email: htdig@web.de