Re: [htdig] Searching for "All" versus "Any"

Subject: Re: [htdig] Searching for "All" versus "Any"
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 20:53:43 PDT

At 10:41 AM -0400 4/3/00, ccouple1@swarthmore.edu wrote:
>LOGICAL_WORDS for the ALL search = Littérature and francophone and virtuelle
>LOGICAL_WORDS for the ANY search = Littérature or francophone or virtuelle
>
>FWIW, I'm only using exact searching right now... I'm having a
>little trouble figuring htfuzzy out when using the ispell french
>stuff.

OK, this is an odd problem (obviously). Let's see if we can get some
more information. I assume the single-word queries return the same
list?

Next, let's try a few of the two-word queries. Could you check these
under both ALL and ANY searches?

Littérature francophone
francophone virtuelle

I guess Littérature virtuelle might be interesting too, but the
parser works pairwise, so these two should be the key queries.

As far as htfuzzy with "ifrench," see <http://www.htdig.org/FAQ.html#q4.10>

Thanks for your help!