Re: [htdig] bad words list & external parser

Subject: Re: [htdig] bad words list & external parser
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 10:55:31 PDT

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Mentos Hoffmann wrote:

> It seems as if the external parser functionality does not make any use
> of the bad words list. i.e. use the external parser and the bad words
> list is ignored. Is this true and intended?

Huh!? AFAIK, this is not true in any version of ht://Dig. The bad_words
list is processed by the WordList class before adding a word--it's not
limited to any parser. So it wouldn't be an effect of just the
ExternalParser.

If you have a reproducible test case, please let me know (including the
version). But I cannot think of a way for this to be limited to the
ExternalParser code offhand.