Re: [htdig] P: access docdb with perl

Subject: Re: [htdig] P: access docdb with perl
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 20:41:25 PDT

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000 Johannes_Lorenz@mn.man.de wrote:

> I guess the actual data structure of docdb is not the same as
> referenced in the parse_ref_record function, because i get the
> following error:
[snip]
> not a BerkeleyDB-Pro so could somebody tell me the db-structure of
> htdig? BTW. I use ver. 3.1.5.

It doesn't matter if you're a "Berkeley DB Pro," it's not like it's SQL.
The actual fields are documented in htcommon/DocumentRef.h, but with two
caveats.

1) The common_url_parts and url_parts_aliases attributes encode the URL.
So the code in the contrib/ scripts right now don't know what to do with
this. I'm told the HtDig::Database module takes this into account, though
I have not looked at the code. Hopefully it will go up on CPAN and people
can work on it.
2) The DocHead field can be compressed (with zlib) if the
compression_level attribute is used. This is a bit easier to decode, but
you must be aware of it.