Re: [htdig] P: access docdb with perl

Subject: Re: [htdig] P: access docdb with perl
From: Sphboc@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 17:46:09 PDT

I will also be MOST interested in the specifics of the database, and exactly
what one has to do to access it with an external program. This is one area
which does NOT appear to be covered in the (otherwise-excellent)
documentation, or in the FAQ.

<< Hello,

 i want to access the docdb with perl. To access the data i'm using the
 parse_ref_record function of the whatsnew.pl script of the contrib section.

 I guess the actual data structure of docdb is not the same as referenced in
the
 parse_ref_record function, because i get the following error:

 x outside of string at whatsnew.pl line xxx

 The error occurs between the line 297 and 322, depending on the used docdb.
I'm
 not a BerkeleyDB-Pro so could somebody tell me the db-structure of htdig?
BTW. I
 use ver. 3.1.5.

 Yours Johannes

Steven P Haver/602-242-9708