Re: [htdig] Redirect to cgi

Subject: Re: [htdig] Redirect to cgi
From: Andrew Scherpbier (andrews@contigo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 09:28:14 PDT

The technical reason is that phorum doesn't emit a legal "Location:"
header. According to the spec:

          Location = "Location" ":" absoluteURI

while what was produced was "Location: list.php?f=1"

My job involves dealing with "broken" http services all over the world,
so I know that the use of a relative URI in the Location header is a
common thing. Since both netscape and msie work fine with the relative
URIs, no one really cares about it. It is still broken, though! :-)

So, htdig should probably be changed to allow a relative URI in the
Location header.

Andrew Scherpbier <andrews@contigo.com>