[htdig] Using htdig for a "What's New" page

Subject: [htdig] Using htdig for a "What's New" page
From: Mike Richichi (mrichich@drew.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 07:20:39 PDT

I realized you can sort by date on htdig results, and it occured to me that it
would be a neat feature to use htdig to generate a "what's new" page at a

My only problem is how do I construct a search or otherwise tell htsearch to
return, say, the 20 newest documents on a site. I guess I could cheat and put a
word in all of them and search on that, but I was hoping for something a bit
more elegant.

Any ideas?
Mike Richichi
Assistant Director of Academic Technology, Drew University
mailto:mrichich@drew.edu, http://www.users.drew.edu/~mrichich/