[htdig] Site has multiple names

Subject: [htdig] Site has multiple names
From: Sheila R. Bryant (sws96srb@met.reading.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 06:44:29 PDT

Hi,

I've just installed the htdig package on our system - everything went
well and I'm pretty happy. My problem is that our site has two names!
The various people writing our web pages use them interchangeably, and
pages end up referred to by either or both names -
http://www.met.rdg.ac.uk and http://www.met.reading.ac.uk. I've spent
most of today trawling the FAQ, mail archives etc, but can't trace a way
to tell the system that these two are synonymous, and so avoid getting
some (many) pages duplicated in the database.

Any help would be very welcome

Thanks in advance

--

Sheila