[htdig] htdig -- infinite looping (3.1.5) and "redirection"

Subject: [htdig] htdig -- infinite looping (3.1.5) and "redirection"
From: Sphboc@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 17:29:41 PST

I'm running into some instances where htdig never appears to terminate.
Results which have been found, up to the point of termination, appear to be
valid as far as they go; I haven't yet tried analyzing the url list for a
pattern of repitition.

Is there any particular type of problem, within a website, which will tend to
cause such a condition?

More-or-less related, I've been getting some empty search results due to
"redirection". Htdig claims it only finds one page; manual browser search,
however, appears to locate quite a few pages which have the desired url (ie,
they should pass the "limit urls to" condition).

Steven P Haver/602-242-9708