Re: [htdig] wildcard matching, 8-bit characters, and 2-letter words

Subject: Re: [htdig] wildcard matching, 8-bit characters, and 2-letter words
From: ATLE VEKA (ACVEKA@coe.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 11:27:55 PST

I'll leave the two first questions for the pro's, but I will answer your 3rd:

the attribute : minimum_word_length, (in your configuration file) controls this behaviour.I believe default is 3, which would explain 2 letter words being ignored.

Hope this helps,
Atle

>>> atta dubson <dubson@swbell.net> 03/31/00 12:21PM >>>
(using 3.1.5)

1. i have a website with the tipitaka (in the pali language) and would
like to be able to search for word endings, but the wildcard * only seems
to work at the end of a word or partial word and not at the beginning. i
want to search for "*buddhassa" and get matches for "sammaasambudhassa."

2. when i search for words with an 8-bit character, i never get any
matches. do i need to change something in the configuration?

3. i never get any matches on 2-letter words. can this be fixed?

thanks...
atta

from the dhammapada:

  The perfume of tagara and sandalwood is of little enough power, while
  the supreme fragrance, that of the virtuous, reaches even up to the
  devas. 56

http://pali.cjb.net
http://www.dhammanet.net