Re: [htdig] searches are slooow...

Subject: Re: [htdig] searches are slooow...
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 15:18:44 PST

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Jeff wrote:

> > We have a fairly large intranet here and we moved from 3.0.8 to
> > 3.1.5 and now the searches seem a lot slower (we re-dug everything with
>
> As for why your searches are so slow after the upgrade... has the size of
> your document collection changed recently? Have any other variables

Both Gilles and Jeff made very good points and I'll point out one more.
The base database code in 3.1.x is *much* faster than that used
previously. However, even in some of the 3.1.x betas, there were database
corruption bugs and bugs in matching URLs against the limits. So you will
almost always have a bigger database for 3.1.x because it's indexing more
pages.