[htdig] searches are slooow...

Subject: [htdig] searches are slooow...
From: Edmond Abrahamian (edmond@tripos.com)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 14:27:40 PST

Hi all,

   We have a fairly large intranet here and we moved from 3.0.8 to
   3.1.5 and now the searches seem a lot slower (we re-dug everything with
   the new software first). Curiously, once you do a search (in 3.1.5),
   if you ask for the same search but with the hits ordered differently
   (say by time instead of by score) then that next hit takes place fast
   (are recent queries being cached). Also, turning off fuzzy searches
   doesn't seem to make a big difference.

   Help or explanation will be appreciated. Thanks.

     Edmond