[htdig] htdig-cgi-html-output

Subject: [htdig] htdig-cgi-html-output
From: Christian Grandl (christian.grandl@stusta.mhn.de)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 22:38:54 PST

Hello again,
i'm sorry for my plenty postings, but I'm a really newbie and although
i'm getting forward slowly there a still problems making my hair loose
while trying to have a first little search success with htdi:

After successful indexing my document on localhost I'm trying to use the
standard search.html for the html-output with just one form for the
words to enter.
When i now try to use the action "post" and submit, nothing really
happens to be seen: There is still the same browser-window with the
search-form.
But when i change the action to "get" the search-form disappears and the
browser window is filled with binarydata-stuff.
In the normal way now there had to be a new html-site generated by
htsearch (in /opt/www/cgi-bin)including header, footer,etc, right?
Is there a possibilty to debug htsearch or is the worm in header,
footer-files-attributes?

On the Faq-site someone had that similiar problem before, but
those answers saying no execute permission of the binary(i'm root..),
cgi-script-handler(this should be default on apache 1.3) give me no
obvious hint?

Someone of you got an idea about this?

Any help is really appreciated
Christian