[htdig] cgi-bin problem

Subject: [htdig] cgi-bin problem
From: Forsman, Adam (AForsman@larsonallen.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 15:20:08 PST

Hello,

I am having trouble with my web site. I am running Slackware 7.0 with the
2.2.13 kernel. Apache is installed to (I think) /var/lib/apache. I have
compiled and configured htdig just as directed, edited the htdig.conf file,
and ran the default rundig script. The problem is when I open the
search.html file and attempt to search, I get an error message saying:

"Netscape is unable to find the file or directory named /cgi-bin/htsearch.
Check the name and try again."

I have Apache set up with all the defaults (installed with Slackware). I
checked the httpd.conf file for the ScriptAlias variable and it is:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/lib/apache/cgi-bin"

I have verified that the htsearch program is in the cgi-bin directory and I
am able to use it at the command line. If anyone has any ideas on how to
solve this problem that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam Forsman
Internal Technology
Larson, Allen, Weishair & Co., LLP