Re: [htdig] root2word.db / word2root.db

Subject: Re: [htdig] root2word.db / word2root.db
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 06:03:33 PST

At 2:40 PM +0200 3/29/00, Joerg Behrens wrote:
>size of this 2 files is to big to send it with email. For the
>root2word.db we need 5.9 MB and for the word2root.db 11.6 MB. When its
>possible for you i can but these files on our Downloadserver (gzipped

Yes, this is correct that recent versions of ht://Dig have no
problems building the endings databases quickly. Also, it's important
to note that unless the two of you have the same platform (OS/CPU),
the database format is not necessarily going to match.

In short, don't worry you'll be able to build the databases yourself.