[htdig] htdig and cgi

Subject: [htdig] htdig and cgi
From: Matthias Kleine - Patzschke + Rasp Software AG (mkleine@prs.de)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 01:26:45 PST

Hi there!

I just started to eval the htdig search engine for my special
company environment. We are using a special cgi-construction
for our internal support-system, which looks like this:

Starting from a certain point in a directory-tree, folders
and documents can be saved. The cgi-scripts, which are used to
browse in this directory-structure, convert folders and documents
into URLs, for example

/root/folder1/folder2/document.htm

could be converted in

http://server/browse.cgi?/root/folder1/folder2/document.htm

In the browser it looks like this:
Folders are converted in folder-links, much like in ftp-directories.
Documents are converted in links - you can click the link (=filename)
and the document is opened.

Now for my problem:
Up to now, only the folder-Links are found by the htdig search engine,
and not the documents. What I don't understand is the mechanism, how
the database is created. I suppose that this mechanism is getting into
conflict with our cgi-structure.

Can anybody explain me, how the database is created? Is there more
experience with searching cgi-pages?

Thank you for any hints.

--
Matthias Kleine