Re: [htdig] Made, installed and PRESTO! errors

Subject: Re: [htdig] Made, installed and PRESTO! errors
From: Adam Rice (adam@newsquest.co.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 00:31:53 PST

Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Patrick Jennings wrote:
>
> > The other generates the following errors when executing rundig -vv ...
> >
> > ld.so.1: /home/synapti/htdig/bin/htdig: fatal: libstdc++.so.2.8.1.1:
> > open failed
> > : No such file or directory
>
> I guess I need to make the FAQ a little clearer.
>
> Solaris systems usually need to have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to include
> libstdc++. You will also need to do this through your server or htsearch
> will not run. See <http://www.htdig.org/FAQ.html#q5.7>

Ack, no, trying to get your web server to pass LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
htsearch
is gonna be a whole mess of trouble, and may cause problems for other
things. Much better to set the LD_RUN_PATH variable _during_compile_ to
the directory where libstdc++.so.2.8.1.1 lives. This tells the linker to
search that directory at runtime.

This works on at least Linux & Solaris.

Adam Rice