Re: [htdig] Possible to ignore named anchor references?

Subject: Re: [htdig] Possible to ignore named anchor references?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 18:20:49 PST

At 4:46 PM -0600 3/28/00, Bigler, Tyson MT SSI wrote:
>Is it possible to ignore named anchor references (e.g. <a
>href="#some_anchor">Jump There</a> )? I'm assuming that the page is
>already being indexed, so why add a second "pointer" for these anchors? Am
>I confused??! :-D

It shouldn't reindex the page. It keeps track of anchors as far as
results are concerned but throws them out before it gets to the next
stage of the indexer. If you don't want to see them in results, you
can use the add_anchors_to_excerpt attribute:
<http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#add_anchors_to_excerpt>