Re: [htdig] Multiple excerpts.

Subject: Re: [htdig] Multiple excerpts.
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 11:45:00 PST

On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Gaillard Pierre-Olivier wrote:

> Is the multiple excerpts patch to be included in 3.2 ?

Probably.

> interested in it since I mostly index BIG pdf documents. I believe this
> would require scoring each excerpt independently to be really accurate.

Hmm. I don't see what you're trying to accomplish. If I remember
correctly, this patch only shows multiple places in the document where the
string is matched. So it might show three portions of your PDF file (as an
example).

It doesn't make any attempt to score different parts of the document.

AFAIK, it's not possible to specify different parts of a PDF file through
a URL. So even if it did, you wouldn't be able to "jump" like you can with
HTML anchors. (e.g. <http://www.foo.com/blah.html#part2> )