[htdig] Re: htDig conf help

Subject: [htdig] Re: htDig conf help
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 15:39:15 PST

On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Fred McFarland wrote:

> I think the problem may be the search.conf file. They set it up for us and
> we don't have permission to change it. The thing that I think is wrong is
> this:
> >>
> start_url: http://www.stargazette.com
>
> #limit_urls_to: http://www.stargazette.com
> <<
>
> I figured the limit_urls_to: line should include all the domain names we
> want included in the search. I don't know how it reacts with the # in
> front. Will that make it include everything or just www.stargazette.com?
>
> Could this be the source of the problem?

Yes, this is the source of your problem and yes, it should include all the
domain names you want included.

The "#" character acts as a comment--in other words, this config file does
not explicitly set limit_urls_to. The compiled-in default is to set
limit_urls_to exactly as start_url. (In other words
http://www.stargazette.com/)

You probably want limit_urls_to as either a list of all the domains, or
perhaps simply the string stargazette. The latter will index any URL with
that string somewhere in it.