Re: [htdig] Modifying

Subject: Re: [htdig] Modifying
From: Douglas S. Davis (DSDavis@monicals.com)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 10:35:56 PST

I believe you used some sort of HTML tool instead of a text modifier.
If you know Html you can open the .html files in the common directory
one at a time. You can specify font size and color as well as
background and alignment. Note: many editors (PageMill included)
will change things like the cgi call in the Search.html and some of
the $(Variables) and basically make a mess of the templates. The best
way to edit them is with a text editor.

If you are NOT a super html pro, simply create your own sample of what
you want the search and answer pages to look like using your favorite
HTML editing tool. Be sure and set the font size and colors that you
prefer. Now, just open these sample pages and cut and paste the
<Body> commands and the <P Font=> commands into their appropriate
places in the "real" templates! WARNING: Be sure and make a CLEAN
copy of all the html templates before you begin this process.

HTH,
Doug Davis