[htdig] Searches Eating RAM

Subject: [htdig] Searches Eating RAM
From: Frank Martini (fmartini@caddev.com)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 09:45:10 PST

I've been noticing that something has been eating and not release ALL of our
128Mb of RAM. Now I've found it. For every search done, I can watch RAM by
the megabyte be eaten, then not released when the search is completed. (e.g.
a Search with 5592 matches sucked up and never released about 40Mb of RAM.
'Smaller' searches eat proportionally less RAM).

Has anyone seen anything like this?

HtDig Version is 3.1.4
OS Flavor is RedHat 6.0

Frank