Re: [htdig] 3.1.5 update drama

Subject: Re: [htdig] 3.1.5 update drama
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 12:25:10 PST

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, N Irons wrote:

> Yup. I also tried recompiling from scratch, no change.

One last thought--are you using your old templates with 3.1.5? Have you
tried using the templates that came with 3.1.5? Have you heard back about
the error log? (This is a real problem--they're very useful for tracking
down CGI problems.)

> My site's search capability has been offline for more than a day. I'm
> going to try to get back to 3.1.2 now.

I can understand your worries about having search unavailable for so long.
On the other hand, I hope you'll continue to work at this. For one, you
really don't want to run an insecure htsearch and for another I find this
all very bizarre and I'd like to work out what's going on.