Re: [htdig] 3.1.5 update drama

Subject: Re: [htdig] 3.1.5 update drama
From: N Irons (irons@espresso.hampshire.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 09:58:36 PST

On 3/23/2000 at 9:57 AM, adam@newsquest.co.uk (Adam Rice) wrote:

> If you need the -c option to make htsearch work on the commandline,
> then you'll probably need an
>
> <input type=hidden name=config value=whatever>
>
> in your search form

Yeah, that's covered. I've got three databases, and three search forms,
so the configs have been specified in the HTML forms since rollout.

3.1.2 worked great, and the only things which I've changed are the paths
for conf & common (in the configuration step) and the database directory
(in the config file). All three are where they're supposed to be -- to
make sure, I renamed the config file, generated the "htsearch can't find
the config file" error from the web, copied the path it suggested, and
fed it directly to htsearch with -c. After I restored the proper name
of the config file, it worked fine.

I only get the no-data response from htsearch via the web when
everything, including htsearch via the shell, seems fine. When there's
an obvious problem (like not being able to find conf or common),
htsearch via the web returns diagnostic errors as expected.

  -nat