Re: [htdig] 3.1.5 update drama

Subject: Re: [htdig] 3.1.5 update drama
From: Adam Rice (adam@newsquest.co.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 01:57:26 PST

N Irons wrote:

> Thank you for the tip about -c to htsearch; it was indeed looking at an
> elderly and obsolete config file. I pointed it at the same file
> specified by the HTML form, and the DB2 errors went away.
>
> Results from htsearch at the command line, with the config specified
> with -c, now work fine as far as I can tell -- they begin with
> pull the right templates. The results from the web, though, are
> unchanged -- no data.

If you need the -c option to make htsearch work on the commandline,
then you'll probably need an

<input type=hidden name=config value=whatever>

in your search form, where "whatever" is the name of your conf file
without the directory or .conf included (if you need htsearch to look
in a different directory for its config files, I think you can only
achieve this with a recompile.)

Adam Rice