Re: [htdig] 3.1.5 update drama

Subject: Re: [htdig] 3.1.5 update drama
From: N Irons (irons@espresso.hampshire.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 21:03:38 PST

On 3/22/2000 at 9:03 PM, ghutchis@wso.williams.edu (Geoff Hutchison)
wrote:

> >There is officially nothing coming back from htsearch, or rather,
> >there's a zero, two spaces, and a CR/LF. Five bytes, no more, no
> >less, repeatably.
>
> Very, very strange. This happens even with an invalid request? For
> example:
>
> GET http://www.foo.com/cgi-bin/htsearch

Yup. I also tried recompiling from scratch, no change.

> Have you checked the permissions on the common/ directory? I only ask
> because you said you had problems with conf/ earlier.

Yeah, that was a component of my initial trouble (I just tightened up my
umask last week, and this was my required episode of forgetfulness).
Permissions are all settled on 644 throughout htdig's data directories.

My site's search capability has been offline for more than a day. I'm
going to try to get back to 3.1.2 now.

Just to make sure -- is anyone running 3.1.5 successfully under FreeBSD
(2.7-stable)?

  -nat